Friday, May 2, 2014

Five on Friday

This weather has really got me down! I'm glad it's not snow, but I'm ready to be done with the rain and dreariness. Come on! It's MAY...start acting like it!!

Here are the random thoughts floating around my brain this week...enjoy!


**ONE**
As I shared in my last Weekend Recap, we had sudden (and rather unexpected) big time success with potty training on Sunday. After nearly a year of going on the potty (first number twos, and then number ones) but not being good about telling us when she needed to go, something clicked for Linnea. Seriously. It was like she all of a sudden got it. She was in "big girl underpants" all day while we were at home, and a pull-up when we went out (and for nap time) with one accident total for the day.

I excitedly e-mailed our daycare provider, who was understandably a little hesitant because Linnea JUST started going on the potty there (little stinker). But after another day of success with my parents on Monday, we sent Linnea to daycare with pull-ups and she stayed dry ALL day. In fact, now she's been dry ALL week! She's been so proud - our daycare provider started a sticker chart and she's been consistently getting 5 stickers each day, which earns her a special prize. When we've been at home, and while she's with my parents she's pretty consistently been in underpants, with only one little accident.

We are so excited and proud of our girl! We'll still need to work a little bit on some fine tuning and consistently, but I think we're close to being done with diapers!

**TWO**
I'm reminiscing hardcore to a year ago this weekend, when Jeromy and I (and my WOWZA girls) were in Kentucky for the Kentucky Derby. We had SO much fun. It POURED rain the day of the Derby, but we made the best of it, as we always do! It's one of the memories I will never, ever forget.

WOWZAs at the Derby!

Jeromy and I at the Derby
 \
We had a great spot - look, it's a horse!

Mint julep, anyone?

**THREE**
I'm loving this song this week. I don't know what it is. SO catchy and unique.


**FOUR***
The rain this week has really been getting me down. I keep telling myself that at least it's not snow...but let's be honest, I think we're all ready for some sun, and hopefully some warmer temperatures.

Maybe next week?

**FIVE**
I've seen a few posts - on Facebook, Instagram, and blogs - discussing May baskets this week. I remember doing May baskets as a kid. Do you remember the little green mesh berry baskets? That's what we used to use. I find myself adding "make and deliver May baskets" to the VERY long list of things that I want to do with Linnea when she gets a little older. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment