Friday, May 9, 2014

Five on Friday

The week is over. Praise God. This week has been...lousy. But it's wrapping up in the best way that it could, given the circumstance, and for that I'm thankful.


**ONE**
Like I shared in my last post, I found out I miscarried this week. We found out on Wednesday, at what should have been our first prenatal appointment. Since then, there have been lots of tears, lots of anger, and lots of nerves as I prepared to have a D&C. For those who don't know what a D&C is, basically it's a surgery to remove the fetal tissue from the uterus. I opted to have that done because my body hadn't miscarried naturally, and I didn't want to have to wait to have it happen at work or something.

I'm planning to write a separate post about the process. I hope actually is that if someone else needs to go through it, that it brings them some reassurance and comfort that it'll be okay.

What I'll say here is that it went really well, and although there still is and will continue to be sadness, I'm very relieved to have it behind me.

**TWO**
Remember a few posts back when I posted about the Sara Bareilles' song "I Choose You?" In that post, I mentioned how it's a perfect proposal song. Well, apparently Sara and I think the same way! The official video for the song came out this week, and it is AWESOME. I dare you to watch this without smiling or tearing up. Also, I love her now even more than I did before because she chose one straight couple, and one gay couple. Go, Sara! Love this!!



**THREE**
We made some yard progress this week, which was really exciting. We've been in our house for almost 7 years (??!!), and it's constantly been a (slow) work in progress. The previous home owner had a lot of random gardens, that just didn't really work for us as non-gardeners with a 95-pound dog romping around. This week, we had a few stumps ground - two tree stumps, and a root ball from a bush we were trying to dig out. It wasn't super expensive, it was fast, and it made a big different. Win, win, win! Hopefully we'll get some nice weather soon to do some clean up and more seeding. Jeromy's talked about getting a little vegetable garden going again. That would be great!

**FOUR**
Mother's Day is this weekend, and it's very bittersweet this time around. I have been really excited for this weekend for weeks, as we had planned to break our baby news to our parents. Instead, we've had to tell them that we were pregnant, but miscarried. Linnea has brought me a lot of comfort in these days. I am SO thankful to be her mama, and I hang on to strong hope that I will be a mama to another baby soon.

**FIVE**
My parents are leaving for Italy this weekend...lucky ducks! I so envy my parents' travel. We traveled around a good amount growing up, but now that they are empty nesters and have some expendable income, they travel a lot. I live vicariously through their travel for now...and hope that Jeromy and I can do half the travel they do. Jeromy and I love to travel, and thankfully have similar travel "wish lists." What's on your travel wish list?

No comments:

Post a Comment