Saturday, May 24, 2014

Q & A with Jeromy

I'm a sucker for questionnaires...so when I saw this idea on a few different blogs, I knew I wanted to do it. I was actually a little surprised how willing he was to do it. I thought I'd have to do a little more arm twisting. But he said yes right away, and we had a good time with it. We're not always great conversationalists with each other day to day...

So here ya go...my Q & A with Jeromy:

What is the name of my blog?
B(like the letter "B")HappyInToday (I was actually really surprised he knew this, since I don't really ever talk specifics about my blog).

What do I typically write about?
It's like a journal...like what happened over the weekend or during the week...family...what we've been doing.

What's a popular fashion item for women right now?
Boots. (I asked him he had more to say, and then he said, "Boots." I waited a bit and he elaborated.) Boots are okay...but I don't like when tweens wear them with leggings and no pants. Stupid kids. (At which point we joked that I married a crabby 50-year-old man. I pointed out that I wear boots and leggings with no pants.) Yeah, but you wear something that covers your butt. You know I'm right. (It's true. We are crabby old people together. We collectively hate the skin tight leggings and nothing covering your ass look.)

What's the best place to shop for women?
Ummm... Target. (We laughed because I LOVE Target.) Seriously. Clothes. Miscellaneous gifts. Feminine products. When you shop for a women it's not just gifts...it's everyday things... CHOCOLATE (I love him. He knows me so well.) Shoes. Jewelry...   

What do you know about Pinterest?
I know it's a place where people have virtual...like...pin-up boards to share or keep track of interesting things.

What do you and I like to do together?
Go geocaching. Entertain Linnea. Go out to eat...try new restaurants. Travel. Go up North. I feel like we're really good travel partners in most situations. You're enough of a planner and I'm enough of a doer. (This is really accurate. Jeromy will just go and do. I always want a plan. It ends up being a really good balance of spontaneity and getting the "must dos" done.) 

Am I good at staying on a budget?
Yes...well no... you are below the budget. Lighten up...like when there's nothing in the fridge or your lunch was nasty, but you feel too guilty to go out to lunch. (Totally true. I'm a MAJOR cheapskate. I hate spending money. We agreed that I've gotten better...)

What do women keep in their purse?
Everything. I know what's in your purse...checkbook, cards, receipts, chapstick, keys, cell phone, feminine products...uhhh....Linnea underwear (True.), pen, notepad, ibuprofen, lotion. (This is quite accurate...he just missed a couple things.)

What do I do when I'm home alone?
Stew about what you should be doing. Pick up after Linnea. Watch Ellen.

What do you do when you're home alone?
Watch TV. Putz on my phone/tablet. Yard projects. And cooking. 

What is your favorite thing about me?
Your balancing traits. (I asked him what he said, because I wasn't quite sure.) Like paired with me. You're enough opposite from me that we equal a normal person. Neither one of us is on either extreme of the spectrum...just on opposite sides - equidistant from the fulcrum - aka normal. (I teased him for being so deep, but I like this answer. It's true, and it means a lot that he would say that because I know he gets frustrated with me and we can butt heads because of it too.)

Least favorite?
Self consciousness. About your body, and outgoingness. You get too hard on yourself - like with parenting, and cooking - every day stuff like that. (True. I am hard on myself...although I'm surprised this is his least favorite. It makes me want to get better at this!) 

What's my favorite accessory?
Chunky jewelry. (True, I guess. Although the answer surprised me. I don't really wear it a lot...but it's fun to have like a big, fun necklace or earrings.)

What's an acceptable amount to spend on a makeup item?
(He laughed.) Zero...because you don't buy any. I would reevaluate if you were in to makeup... (I don't wear makeup at all.) 

What are my hobbies?
Running. Blogging. You don't have a lot of hobbies. Maybe geocaching...but I don't know if you feel like you have ownership of that. (I would definitely say geocaching is one of my hobbies...it's maybe not "mine" because it's a family hobby, but still a hobby.) Making lists. (Don't I sound fun...ha ha ha.)

What jewelry do I wear every day?
Your wedding ring. Some sort of earrings (I have to laugh, because I can't remember the last time I changed my earrings...I don't think he notices the earrings I wear, just that I'm wearing them). Your Luther ring. 

What's my favorite TV show?
Ellen.

How excited were you when you found out we were having a girl? 
Ummm... I don't know. That's a tough answer. 7 out of 10, that quickly became a 10 out of 10. (I asked him why a 7.) Because of the fear factor. (I asked what the fear was.) I dunno...I don't know if I should say this... but if it's a boy, you only have to worry about one penis. With a girl, you have to worry about all the penises.

What's your favorite thing about being a dad?
(He thought for a long time, and then asked me my favorite thing about being a mom - for the record I said feeling like I'm fulfilling my lifelong purpose - like someone who always wanted to be a doctor, and now has a dream doctor job...and being her "person" - being the one she wants when she's sad or scared...being the person she's most happy and excited to see. ) Yeah, that for me too...but I don't know quite how I would word it. And being proud of how much she's grown and her every day accomplishments. Being the reason she smiles (Awww...). 

How many more kids would you like to have?
One (I knew that answer...we differ on this...I've always wanted 3 kids...I feel like he'll win on this one, which I'm trying to prepare to be okay with.)

Anything else you'd like to share?
Ummmm...nope. I'm a man of few words. (He is, but I thought he did very well with this.) 

1 comment:

  1. This.is.AWESOME!! I love his answer about having to worry about all the penisis! hahahahaha So true!

    You guys are such a sweet couple. I'm so glad we got to hang out and get to know you more on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete