Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Weekend Recap

With all the events as of late, this post has gotten away from me a bit. But in the spirit of staying current, and really giving this blogging thing a genuine go, I'm sticking with my weekend recap. (Yes, it's Wednesday.)

As covered in previous posts, Friday was a tough day. It ended as positively as I suppose it could... dinner with my parents and little family after the procedure was all done. It ended up being a little later than desired or planned, but it all worked out fine. Linnea did great, especially given that dinner and bedtime got delayed.

My dad picked up take-out from Pei-Wei, and we had dinner together at their house. I think I mentioned before, but it was seriously crazy how instantly I felt relief from my pregnancy symptoms (which is really sad, but nice in a way...if I don't get to be pregnant, I don't want to feel it!). Similar to my pregnancy with Linnea, this time around I was feeling so nauseous all the time...nothing ever tasted good, and I was living off very bland food. That changed quite dramatically.

We got home, and got Linnea off to bed right away. I tried to rest, and take it easy, but I had a ton of energy (again, weird!). I mostly just watched some TV, cleaned up a bit, and putzed on the computer. But I was up later than intended, and had a really hard time falling asleep.

Thankfully, Linnea slept in a bit Saturday morning. Problem was, that we needed to pick my parents up to bring them to the airport! Eep! It was a bit of a mad dash (is there anything pokier than a precocious 2-year-old when you're in a hurry?!). Linnea was really excited about taking Grandma and Grandpa to the airport, but the excitement faded a little when she realized that that basically meant her sitting in the car for 45 minutes or so. So she was a bit of a grump. But we got my parents off successfully to Italy (seriously, can I please have their travel schedule some day?!), and headed home.

The weather was much nicer than it was supposed to be/expected, so we took full advantage. We got back out as soon as we could, and headed over to Lake Harriet (one of our local favorites). We took a walk/geocached through the rose garden and the bird sanctuary. We didn't have a TON of luck, but we all enjoyed being outside. Eventually we made our way to the playground, where a joyous Linnea romped happily for a while. She settled eventually on the swings (her favorite). The "baby swings" were full, so she ended up on the "big girl swing." I was a little nervous, praying that she would hold on tight (she did). Jeromy and I pushed her between the two of us and enjoyed her smiles and shrieks (she is so joyful - and it's appreciated so much).


By the time we finished at the playground it was about lunch time, so we decided to grab some food at Bread and Pickle - the little restaurant in the bandshell. It was expensive, but pretty good quality. It was a bit chilly with the breeze coming off the lake, but we snuggled up together and really enjoyed our lunch together. We headed home for naps.

In the afternoon we took a family walk to the grocery store to pick up a few ingredients for dinner. We came home and our friends Melissa and Thatcher, and their kiddos Azalea and Ashford came over for playtime and dinner. The girls are just a few months apart in age, and are becoming good buddies...it's so fun to watch. Gotta love second generation friends!

We had one of our favorite pasta dishes, and then enjoyed watching the girls play together after dinner. They got just plain goofy! We have two large plastic balls. Each girl had one and was bouncing on it all over the place. Their giggles were infectious!

Sunday was Mother's Day, and very bittersweet this year. For several weeks, I had been looking forward to the weekend as the time that we got to break our happy news to our families. Instead, we were facing miscarriage. More than ever, I was thankful for Linnea. She is such a joyful little bugger, and obviously completely unaware of what has been happening.

My morning started with getting to rest a little longer than usual in bed, and then being enthusiastically by Linnea with a homemade card in hand. (We pretty much exclusively do homemade cards around here, and I love it). I also had this message shared on my Facebook wall! (Scheduled for my birthday, which is a few weeks away. Woo hoo!!!)

Jeromy Carlson shared a link.
90 minute full-body massage booked for you, Becky. Happy Mother's Day from me, Linnea and Beastie! We love you!
We slowly got ready for the day and then headed out to meet Jeromy's family for brunch at Prairie Tap House in Eden Prairie (have you been? It's really good!). I was a little disappointed by my breakfast, but the others enjoyed their food, and we've always liked our food there.

Brunch was nice, but a little crazy. Jeromy's family is wonderful, but big and a lot to handle sometimes. It can be a little tiring to keep up sometimes. It's fun to watch Linnea with her Grammy and Grampy... she just LOVES them (and they love her).



After brunch, we stopped at Costco to pick up a few things (Jeromy's family doesn't have a membership, so they really like stopping when we're in the area). By the time we were done we all went home exhausted.  After nap, we were still a bit exhausted from the morning, and from the emotion of the day. 

Thankfully, our friends Tom and Jackie (and son Gavin) invited us for an impromptu dinner at Pizza Luce - one of our favorites. It was nice to get out and break out of our funk a bit. The kiddos were a little squirrelly, so it was not quite relaxing, but nice to get out and spend time with friends all the same.


Even though it was a tough weekend emotionally, we had a good time, surrounded by friends and family. 

1 comment:

  1. Your little Linnea is absolutely gorgeous!! I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day - sounds like you stayed busy through the weekend, which must have been nice! Your little angel in heaven was smiling down on you on Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete