Friday, May 16, 2014

Five on Friday

After weeks that dragged by because I felt like crap, this week has really flown by. I spent the week trying to get back on track...with work...at home...emotionally.

Here's what's rattling around in my brain this week...


**ONE**
Has it really only been a week? Even though the week has flown by, I can't believe it's only been a week since we officially said goodbye to our Christmas baby. It's been an odd week emotionally. I've been less sad than I expected overall, mostly because it honestly just feels like a bad dream. It seems weird to think I was even pregnant...and especially weird to think that it was only a week and a half ago that everything seemed fine.

I've been so thankful for my friends this week. I've gotten texts, blog comments, Facebook messages, calls, etc. to check in on how I'm feeling, how I'm doing, and to say sorry. I appreciate this more than I can say. Thank you to everyone reading this who has supported me in these ways.

**TWO**
All of a sudden, my birthday is just around the corner. I know a lot of people don't like their birthdays, but let me tell you...THIS girl is not one of them.

I love that my birthday is MY day (sure, there are a lot of other people born on that day, but whatever). I'm not always great about taking time for myself or thinking about what I want, but I try my best to do what I want on my birthday.

I love that birthdays offer the opportunity to celebrate LIFE! I hope that I never get to the point of not wanting to disclose my age. I wanted to embrace each and every year of my life - they make me me, after all.

**THREE**
I've officially caught the family cold. Not enough to stay in bed, but enough to make me feel really junky. Headache. Scratchy, runny throat. Stuffy. Yuck. I hope it passes soon.

**FOUR**
We're hoping to make the move to a big girl bed for Linnea soon. This has been another transition I've been SO overwhelmed by and nervous about. However, I'm hopeful, because other transitions I've been really nervous about lately (getting rid of the nuk at bedtime, potty training) have gone pretty well. I think she's ready. Now the question is...is mama?

**FIVE**
Seriously, where is Spring? It's been chillier this week than average. Sounds like more consistent 70s and sunny days are on the way. Please, please, please!!

No comments:

Post a Comment