Monday, April 28, 2014

Weekend Recap

We just had the laziest, quietest, most bumming around weekend ever...and it was absolutely wonderful! I usually get stir crazy and antsy, but I tried my best to embrace the relaxation. The weather - chilly and rainy and gross for most of the weekend - certainly helped.

Friday was the only nice day of the weekend - and man, was it nice!! I came home to Jeromy doing yard work (hooray, awesome hubby!!). Linnea and I helped out - I scooped poop (95-pound chocolate lab + LOOOOONG winter = LOTS of poop), and Linnea "did gardening" - wore her gardening gloves and picked up sticks and put them in a bucket. That was Jeromy's idea. I love that he thought of a great, kid-appropriate way to get her involved. Sure, she didn't last super long, but it's a start. Anytime we can involve her in chores and make it at least a little fun is a huge win in my book.

Happy little helper...

 

Super Helper!!
 

Coming to get mama!!
 

After dinner, and bedtime for Linnea, Jeromy and I crashed in true Friday fashion.

Saturday was a slow and lazy start - snuggles and a little TV and stories to start the morning. Much to Luther's pleasure, Jeromy invited him up on the bed (not typical). He loved it, and even put up with some stories and snuggles from Linnea.

This makes my heart happy...


After that, we had lots of playtime and some breakfast. Mid-morning we ventured out to a park and a quick geocache find. It was admittedly chilly, so we didn't last too long. We made a quick stop to Target for some basics, and then had lunch at Subway. We headed home in time for naps - all three of us! We had a little more outside time and yard work Saturday afternoon, but it was getting cold fast! Again...dinner...bedtime...crash (do we sound pathetic yet?).

Sunday morning, Linnea slept later than she has been sleeping - until almost 7:30, which was really nice. We decided to play hooky from church (which always makes me feel bad). But it was nice to be able to have another relaxing day to recover from our busy week previous. We headed out to Home Depot and Menards to look at their options for window coverings. We haven't replaced any of the window coverings in the 7 years that we've lived in our house...and they needed replacement when we moved in. It is time. We found what we liked, but they didn't have the right size and color combination. Boo. Hopefully we'll bite the bullet soon and get them replaced!

We came home for lunch and nap time. Linnea crashed hard, but woke up early. That wasn't too surprising, since she slept so late in the morning. I took advantage of a rainy afternoon, and suggested we watched Frozen. Linnea is not super snuggly anymore - unless she's tired OR watching a movie. I soaked up lots of snuggles while we watched Frozen.

Movie and snuggles!


Oh! One HUGE detail I forgot to mention! As we were getting dressed for the day, I causally asked Linnea if she wanted to wear "big girl underpants." She wanted to, so we went with it. And she stayed dry. ALL morning. We put a pull-up on her when we ran errands...but sure enough, when we got home she was dry! I told her if she woke up from her nap dry, I'd give her three jellybeans. I was really skeptical. But she woke up dry! So we put her back in underpants, and she was dry the rest of the afternoon! She had one accident at dinner, but that was it ALL day!! Woo hoo! We are on a good trend!

So yeah, that's it. Lots of snuggles...lots of inside playtime and relaxing... not a lot of going out anywhere. But it was great...just what we needed I think.

I hope you all had great weekends too!

3 comments:

  1. Your pictures aren't showing up for me :( But it might just be me? Yay for Linnea staying dry all weekend! She's totally got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bah! Thank you for pointing that out! It's not just you. I fixed it now, and learned a way easier way to post phone pictures in the process...win-win!

      Delete
  2. She's just too cute. She looks so happy to be outside helping!

    ReplyDelete