Saturday, May 31, 2014

Five on Friday (well...Saturday...)



Another week gone. I'm a day late on this, but decided still to post. How can it be June tomorrow?The weather finally seems to be agreeing with the calendar, which is nice. It's been a fun week...here's what's on my mind.


**ONE**
My birthday was on Thursday, and it was wonderful! I had a really great day! Jeromy took the day off, so we all got to sleep in. We had a nice slow morning, waking up slowly, and having blueberry pancakes for breakfast. Mid-morning we took Linnea to daycare, so Jeromy and I could have a little date day.

The weather was amazing, so we decided to do a little geocaching. It was a bit of a bust, since the path we needed to take to find many of the ones we were planning on was flooded out. But we found a few, enjoyed each other's company, and soaked up the sun.

Geocaching!

We had an impromptu lunch on the patio at Maynard's. After that, Jeromy dropped me off for my 90 minute massage! It was wonderful!!

Jeromy picked up Linnea, and then they both picked me up after my massage. We made a quick stop at home, and then had dinner at Brasa, which has become a family favorite. It was a perfect day!

Me and my girl at dinner!

**TWO**
This weekend has been Operation: Big Girl Bed. We bought the bed last weekend, and were finally able to order the mattress on Thursday. Jeromy picked it up yesterday, and we have one successful night under our belts. It takes her a bit to settle down, although that was true with her crib. She's waking up a lot to go to the bathroom, but again...it was like that with the crib.

I think she'll do okay, which is a relief.

**THREE**
Have you heard of John Green? He's an absolutely brilliant young adult author. I've been a fan since about 2007/2008. He's gotten attention recently for this book The Fault in Our Stars, because it's now a highly anticipated movie.

I re-read The Fault in Our Stars - finished it this week. It was even better the second time around, which I didn't even think possible.

If you haven't read it, do yourself a favor and read it...and then let me know what you think. I'm looking forward to the movie, which is coming out next week. John played a big part in the creation of the picture, so I trust it will do the book justice.

**FOUR**
I put together the family calendar for June today (we have a dry erase calendar that hangs in our kitchen), and I'm just bracing myself for the month to fly by. It's a busy one, filled with lots of fun things, and two out of town trips for me. I catch myself worrying about how everything is going to get done, and how it's all going to go.

I have to turn off the anxious voice in brain, and tell myself to just enjoy!

**FIVE**
I found this a week or so back, but I still wanted to share. I really like it, and find myself coming back to it. It can be true about a lot of things and situations. You may not be able to control the situation you are in, but you have the ability to choose the way you respond. It's not always easy, but it's a good thing to at least try to remember.

Photo: This is lovely... :-) Choosing hope today.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Linnea's big girl bed is going well. Are you gonna go see the movie next weekend? I really wanna go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to ask you I you were going to see the movie too. We should do a triple girls date with Melissa to see it!

    ReplyDelete