Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Weekend Recap

Another weekend in the books. After the last few weeks draaaaggging by, time is back to flying by. Isn't it funny how time works? Let's find a happy medium, shall we? I don't care for either extreme.

This weekend was pretty good, overall. I've been struck by how crazy my emotions are. It's hard to know what exactly is the cause - left over pregnancy hormones getting out after the D&C? Emotions wrapped up with the miscarriage? Day to day stress? A mix of everything? The latter is probably the most likely. I struggle because I don't WANT all of "this" to affect me...but of course it does. Trying to acknowledge the transition I'm going through, and take it as it comes...

Anyways...a good weekend overall.

On Friday, I managed to get out of work a little early to head over to our church carnival. It was a big bonus that I got to pick Linnea up at daycare with Jeromy. I never do daycare pick-up, so to see the surprise on her face when I walked through the gate to the backyard was priceless. I got a huge running hug, and then she excitedly chattered about the toys, the swings, her day, etc.

We made a quick stop for a family friendly geocache (I should make a post about geocaching some time). We are huge fans. Linnea was able to make the grab, which is always fun. We stopped for a quick swing at the park, and then headed to church.

It was the end of the year carnival, and we had a really good time! We started the night with some food - Linnea was a little chow hound - a piece of pizza and most of a corndog, and applesauce. They had lots of little carnival games set up - a cake walk, a fishing game, ring toss, etc. It was all a little overwhelming to Linnea, but she had fun once she got into it a bit.

Playing the "Duck Game" - and why yes, she does have a kitty face. :-)

This picture cracks me up. Check out Linnea eyeing up her cupcake!

Coloring! (She picked out the "Luther Puppy" picture - I love how much this kid loves her dog!)

It was great to see some friends, and catch up a little bit, and fun to do something a little different from our typical Friday crash. Once we got home from the carnival, we did crash - but it was after a fun night. :-)

Did I mention they did a "photo booth?" This is my favorite picture of the night. I love my crazy little family!

On Saturday we woke up without much planned - had a few errands in mind, and a couple things we had thought about doing. However, Jeromy's Uncle Jeff reached out to see if we'd be interested in having him come into town (he lives in Eau Claire) to go geocaching (he is the one who got us into it). Our response - sure!

Linnea and I walked to the post office to mail a care package before he came - I love walking errands! It's so nice that we have so much so close. By the time we got home, Jeff was there and we headed out. The weather was beautiful! We went to Lake Nokomis and successfully found two hides that had us stumped previously. Those are so satisfying! By the time we were done, it was lunch time. We swung over to Chipotle. Unfortunately, it was super busy, so we decided to take the food home. It actually worked out better that way - we didn't have to buy food for Linnea since we could just make a quesadilla at home, and we got to eat outside on the deck.

Jeromy, Linnea, and Jeff out geocaching

Can you find the cache?

Linnea was VERY excited to walk her puppy in the stroller

Which turned into a run with the puppy in the stroller (that's my girl!)

I put Linnea down after lunch, and Jeff and Jeromy headed out for some more geocaching. Linnea napped for a bit, but not as long as she should have, so she woke up cranky. I have some serious mom guilt that we've been resorting to "quiet time" in front of the TV if she wakes up early like that. It helps her wake up slower, and not be such a bear, because she gets some additional rest time. Hopefully I'm not totally destroying my kid!

Shortly after that, Jeff headed home and we hung out a bit at home. Jeromy got dinner started, and Linnea and I played a bit.

This was one of the times during the weekend that I struggled with my emotions. I had shorter patience with Linnea than I usually do. I was snappy at Jeromy. I got teary. In hindsight, I'm not entirely sure what was "wrong" - a lot of little issues I suppose, and too many wacky hormones.

Anyways, we had a nice dinner, and then Jeromy suggested we go out for ice cream. A good idea - get out of the house, have some fun family time, relax. It was a nice way to wrap up the evening. This is pathetic, but I think everyone was in bed by 9:00 at our house.

Someone was pretty excited about ice cream...

On Sunday, Linnea slept a little later than she has been, which was really nice. It was another nice day, so after breakfast, Linnea and I went for a walk around Lake Nokomis with my co-worker friend Anne and her son Miles.

I have had a really hard time getting back to being active after everything. I love to run usually, but it feels so overwhelming to try to get back to that. Everything was put on hold for over a month...it's intimidating to try to get back into a good routine, especially when I'm dealing with so many challenging emotions. And of course the hope is that I get pregnant again soon - which would mean pressing the pause button again on working out. What I SHOULD do is to just take each day and be as active as I can. I'll be working on it...once I kick this darn cold. I'll let you know how it goes.

After I got back from my walk, we spent some more time outside. While we were out, Jeromy had gone to Home Depot to get some more mulch for a landscaping project. So we worked together on that while Linnea played in the yard, and sat and read.

I love how content she is to just do this...

My sweet beastie boy...

After lunch and nap, we ran out quick to look at "big girl beds." We hope to make this transition soon, but we want to do our research before we take the leap. We're debating between getting a bedroom set vs. separate pieces vs. just a mattress and a bed frame. We got a lot of good information. We've still got a few more places to check out, but I hope that within the next couple weeks we're making the switch. Any tips? Wish us luck!

After that we came home for dinner, bathtime, and getting ready for the week ahead. I'm excited for a couple days off of work in the coming weeks. Looks like Spring/Summer is on its way. I saw someone else do a Summer bucket list...I think I might need to do a post on that soon!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great weekend! Don't worry about the "quiet time" in front the of tv. I totally use tv for Azalea whenever I feel like I need a break, it's all about moderation :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahha that pic of Linnea eying her cupcake...hilarious!
    I'm so interested in this geocaching thing.....I think it's something my family would love to do. Maybe this Saturday you can explain it a bit more to me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic weekend! We should meet up sometime and have the girls play! It would be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete