Anyways...I have been drafting and redrafting a list of Summer to-do items in my head for the last couple weeks, and have come up with a list of 10 things for my list. So (in no particular order)... here they are:
- Stand-up paddleboarding - Perhaps a bit of a cheat, since it's on my 14 in 2014 list. However, it's on here because it HAS to happen in the Summer. I had wanted to go last Summer, and I waited too long and then the weather wasn't cooperative. I need to plan early to make this one happen. Anyone want to go with me? Or have suggestions of where I should go? (Please note...I made this list BEFORE I tried it...just late on posting.)
- Go to AT LEAST one parade - Parades were a HUGE part of my life in high school because I was a (proud) marching band nerd. But somehow I haven't been to a parade in years, which means Linnea has NEVER been to a parade. This is unacceptable. I'm hoping to find a 4th of July parade to hit up, at the very least.
- Eat at Sea Salt - Even though I'm not a huge seafood fan, I am absolutely appalled at myself that we have lived in our neighborhood for 7 years - just a mile or two away from Minnehaha Falls, and have not been to Sea Salt Eatery. Like other items on this list, we've talked about it several times, but have never gone. Gotta make it happen this Summer!
- Eat at Sand Castle - A newer restaurant on the other side of Lake Nokomis from us. A lot of these restaurants have been popping up more and more. We ate at Bread and Pickle at Lake Harriet in May, but I want to add Sand Castle to that list of places visited! Word on the street is that they are working on a nicer patio (I've seen the construction), so it would be great to enjoy that! Bonus points if we bike there!
- Family trip to a Twins game - Jeromy and I generally make it to a game about once a season - although Jeromy's been to a few games without me recently...it's been a bit since I've been to a game. And Linnea has NEVER been. We're scoping out a few 6:10 games, and plan to take her to one when the weather is cooperating! I can't wait.
- Bike to ice cream - at least once or twice Let's be honest. We have a bit of a weak spot for ice cream. Especially in the summer. We've got a couple places close by, which is dangerous...but perhaps a little LESS dangerous if we bike there!
- Go to at least one Tuesday Music Night at the History Center - Back when I lived with my friend Rachel (pre-marriage), we went to this once or twice. It was awesome! Free music and dancing outside of the History Center...what more could you ask for? I've got a couple of them in mind...it'll be fun!
- Mini golf at the Walker- I hadn't even known about this until just recently. My team at work was supposed to go here for a team building event, but Mother Nature didn't cooperate. I did, however, get a glimpse at the course, and it looked like so much fun! I think it's a definite family fun event to do this Summer.
- Go berry picking - This is something I've always wanted to do, and something I think Linnea would really enjoy. I really hope I haven't missed the window to do this! From what I hear, berry picking tends to start mid-June, but it seems like things have been running a little late this year. We'll likely have to get this in within the next couple weeks if we're going to make it happen!
- Go to the beach - I live in the state of 10,000 lakes, though I rarely go to enjoy their beaches! Like many of the other items on the list, I think it's something Linnea would really like.
Seems like a good list...one that will help make for an AWESOME summer!