Sunday, April 20, 2014

Weekend Recap

I have a love/hate relationship with Sunday nights. They are peaceful, and happy...after a nice weekend with family and friends. But they are also the start of another busy week. It was a wonderful weekend...especially today, for our Easter celebration. I hope everyone else had great weekends as well!

On Friday, we decided to have a family dinner date. So right after I got home, we headed out to Big Bowl for dinner...one of our favorites. It was really nice to be able to slow down a bit and enjoy a nice and (mostly) quiet dinner together. When we headed home it was time for Linnea to go to bed, and then per usual Jeromy and I both crashed. I think we were all in bed before 9:30. Wooooo... :-)

Saturday was pretty low key. I took our neighbors to the airport right away in the morning, and then we slowly got ready for the day. We are preparing to tackle a couple kitchen projects - redoing the countertop and back splash, and replacing the ancient dishwasher we have, as long as we're at it. So on Saturday we stopped at a few places to look at dishwashers. We saw a few good possibilities, though it was frustrating because apparently very few brands make bisque colored dishwashers, which is what we're looking for. There are some out there, but we'll be limited. I'll be honest. We didn't do much else on Saturday! Ha ha ha. It's good to have those lazy days sometimes.

On Saturday I made a crockpot meal (one of the 20 recipes for 14 in 2014). It was okay...but definitely not great. So we had a smallish dinner...bath and bed for Linnea. And then popcorn for second dinner. :-) We watched Tangled on the DVR, because Jeromy hadn't seen it. It's good, but it's no Frozen!

The highlight of the weekend was definitely Easter! Linnea woke up shortly after 6 to find that the Easter Bunny had visited! She was pretty excited, checking out the goods in her basket. 

Linnea's Easter basket...

I think she was most excited by the Frozen stickers/book...

New sunnies

Ready for church!

After checking out the basket, we got ready for church and headed out. Our church has an Easter breakfast, so we got to have breakfast at church before the service. It was tasty - eggs, sausage, cinnamon rolls, and fruit. Yum!

After breakfast, we headed into to the service. It was great. The music was fantastic! I love the brass and drums!! It was a nice treat to have our friends Kirstyn and Dave with us at church. They are PTs, and work non-traditional schedules (and also live across town), so we don't get to see them as regularly as we'd like. 

Photo courtesy of our friend Deb - Linnea, me, Jeromy, and my Dad at church 

Church went pretty well - Linnea sat quietly for most of the service until the end, when she tried to go up front! We headed home after church for lunch and naps for all of us! I napped on the couch, basking in the sun. PERFECTION! 

Once we got up, we headed over to my parents' house. In addition to my parents, my aunt, uncle, and cousin were there, as well as my grandma, and Kirstyn and Dave. A great group! The weather was GLORIOUS, so we had a great time relaxing outside and enjoying each other's company.

My mom (currently a pastor, but always part teacher/educator at heart) made a really cute egg hunt for Linnea. She hid plastic eggs with little treats, candy, etc. around the main floor of their house, with clues leading to the next one. Linnea was a little confused by it at first, but then had a really good time finding the eggs. At the end was a big present...a big box of sidewalk chalk!! That will be lots of fun this Spring/Summer!

My Dad worked his typical magic with an amazing meal. His famous smoked ham - seriously it's like meat candy it's so good! Cheesy potatoes, salad, rolls, veggies...YUM! And of course, pie for dessert!

Reading with Kirstyn...

...and Great Grandma...

Four generations!

It was a great way to end a nice weekend. Here's hoping this weather will stick around! It is wonderful!! 

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome easter! I love Linnea's dress. I also love that Kirstyn and Dave come to your family gathering. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to add - we should add Big Bowl to our list of restaurants to go to, we love that place too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her Easter dress is so pretty! She looked adorable!

    ReplyDelete