Friday, April 25, 2014

Five on Friday

TGIF!! Can I get an amen?! I'm super excited that it's Friday. It's been a long week, and the Carlsons are in need of some rest and relaxation.

Here's what's on my mind this week...


**ONE**
I wasn't aware of this previously, but this week is National Infertility Awareness Week. Many of the blogs I follow have been hosting guest posters to share their journeys with infertility. Reading these stories has been touching, humbling, eye-opening, and heart breaking.

I haven't been through any infertility issues personally, but I have walked with many friends who have. Some stories have ended happily with successful pregnancies and births. Some have ended equally as happily with adoption. Some are still being written.

I hope to be the best support and advocate I can be for everyone who is going through this painful journey.

**TWO**
I have confirmed for myself this week that I legitimately have emetophobia - irrational fear or anxiety of or pertaining to vomiting. I have half joked, half been serious about it for a while...but now I'm sure. All winter I have had huge amounts of anxiety when anyone I knew got the stomach flu, convinced that I was going to get it. After finding out that my mom had the stomach flu right after we spent the afternoon there for Easter, I was up all night, worried that I was going to get sick, or Jeromy or Linnea was going to get sick. Linnea didn't sleep well that night - she was having bad dreams. That just made it worse because every time she cried I was convinced she was getting sick.

Rationally, I know that throwing up is not going to kill you. Sure, having the stomach flu is unpleasant, but it comes and goes, and it's okay. But emotionally, I'm just that 9-year-old laying awake in the middle of the night with my blanket wrapping around my head to cover my ears so that it dampens the sound of my sister throwing up after chemo.

This is really random, but I've been thinking about it a lot this week.

**THREE**
My hubby has been a total rockstar this week. He had a big product launch, and has been working extra long hours. On Tuesday he worked his normal day, and then started again at 6:00 PM, and didn't get home until 3:30 AM!! He continued the rest of the week with his regular shifts, without hardly complaining! I can't say that I would have been the same way. I'm so proud of him, and all of the hard work he's done in his (not so new anymore) job.

**FOUR**
May is next week. WHAT?! I came to this realization earlier this week, and I couldn't believe it! I'm alarmed, but also excited. I love May - warmer weather, my birthday, Summer on its way! Bring it on, May!

**FIVE**
I usually have more to say. But this week I do not. So I will leave you with a picture. I love my little bookworm. She seriously LOVES to read...and it warms my heart.
Displaying IMG_20140419_121812.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment