Friday, June 6, 2014

Five on Friday

Wait, what? Friday already? It's been a busy week, in a busy month. Slow down, time...slow down!! We've got a fun weekend ahead...and a fun couple weeks for that matter. I'm trying to just soak it in and enjoy. Some days I do a better job at that than others.

Here's what's rattling around in my brain this week...


**ONE**
I am wearing a new shirt today that is very unlike me. Thanks, folks who follow me on Instagram, for weighing in on it. Through this, I have realized how boring I am with my clothes. I don't have a lot of variety. I typically wear darker, jewel tone colors - mostly because those are the colors I like, and the ones I think look best on me.

I generally wear pretty plain clothes - not a lot of detail or design.

But then I found this shirt. Literally the only red piece of clothing in my wardrobe, and very unlike antyhing I own. But something about it spoke to me, so I bought it.


**TWO**
This perhaps falls into the "TMI" category, but here we go...

Tuesday afternoon, I started having this itch on my back. I took a look, and it looked like cluster of mosquito bites. NBD...it's Summer in Minnesota, and that happens - they are particularly ridiculous this year, as if to just mock us after the long, grueling Winter.

But the next day, I kept finding more clusters...a couple more on my back. Some along my bra line...another along my underwear line...one in the middle of my stomach. They itched like crazy.

I, being the slight hypochondriac that I am Googled everything from bed bugs, to fleas, to shingles, to contact dermatitis. I called the nurse line too.

Long story short, they are not concerned at all... they said it didn't sound like shingles or anything serious. Probably either some sort of insect bite, or seasonal allergy issue.

The itch is getting a little better, but the bumps have not gone away yet. I'm just trying not to think about it. I'll let you know how that goes... :-P

**THREE**
The Fault in Our Stars movie comes out today! Have I talked about my love for John Green on here before?

(Just now as I'm writing this I checked the blog and I found that yes, just last week I wrote about re-reading the book).

I seriously have such love for John Green. If you haven't read his books, please do. He's so brilliant, so witty, such a good writer. It's so wonderful (and a little surreal) to see him getting the attention he so deserves!

**FOUR**
Who is this big girl? Seriously! Do you ever take a picture, and then look at said picture, shocked at the reality of it? That was this picture this week for me. She'll be three in just a couple months, and I just can't believe it.


**FIVE**
In frustrating news, the miscarriage saga continues. I had my post-op appointment with my doctor this week (who, by the way is FABULOUS...if you are looking for a doctor, let me know...she's the best). It was good...she's so kind. She gave me a big hug, we both teared up a bit, and talked about moving forward. Just as a precaution, she had me do a pregnancy test to be sure that the pregnancy hormones are out of my system. She said a very small percentage of women still test positive at this point of the process.

Well, it turns out I'm one of them. She called me today and said that my pregnancy test came back positive...4 weeks (as of today) since the D&C. While I would LOVE it if this was a new pregnancy, that is highly unlikely as we were told to not have unprotected sex until I got my period again. (TMI? Sorry...).

So yeah. I have to go in this weekend to get my blood tested to see where the hCG (pregnancy hormone) levels are. This feels like such a huge step back. I had hope that my period (and opportunity to "try" again) were right around the corner, and now I find out my body still thinks I'm pregnant? Come on, body! You're smarter than that!

We've had it so easy, comparatively speaking, to other people who have dealt with fertility issues... but this is still stinky.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry about the positive pregnancy test. That really stinks. Hope your body gets the memo soon and you are cleared to start trying again. I'm sure it feels like an eternity. On a lighter note, I love love love that shirt on you! It's fun to branch out with clothes sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shirt looks really good on you :)

    John Green is the bomb.com I love everything he's written. He can do no wrong IMO. I really enjoyed the movie (for the most part) they did leave some stuff out I wish was in there. Overall it was decent considering so many books get ruined by the movie.

    I'm really sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I can't even imagine what you're going through. :(

    ReplyDelete