Monday, March 24, 2014

Weekend Recap

Linnea and I were on our own for most of the weekend. Despite missing Jeromy, who was at a friend's house for March Madness for all of Friday and Saturday, it was a really great weekend!

On Friday I left work a bit early to pick up Linnea at my parents' house. It worked really well, because there was an event at church that we wanted to go to. Church was hosting a kids' movie night, where they did a showing of a new Veggie Tales video. It was super fun! They invited kids to wear their pajamas. They had a big space cleared out with carpet squares and blankets for people to sit on. After a chicken tenders dinner, we settled in for the movie. They even had a popcorn cart with freshly popped popcorn to munch on! :-)

Ready for the show!

Munching on popcorn

Although I don't think that Linnea really followed the story, she enjoyed the movie. She kept saying it was funny. She laughed and gasped and danced her way through the show. When it was over, it was time to head home for bed. As I mentioned in my last post, we got rid of Linnea's nuk last Sunday. She's had great nights and awful nights this past week. I was nervous to be alone with Linnea, especially since she knows I'm the softie at bedtime! Thankfully, Linnea fell asleep quickly, and didn't make a peep all night! Hooray!!

We had a slow, lazy morning on Saturday, which was nice and much needed. Mid-morning my dad came over for a secret project for Jeromy. He and I had talked for a long time about getting a toolbench/work space for the basement. We've got a bunch of random tools and tool sets, but no good place to put them. Jeromy likes tinkering and wants to take on some projects, but can't without the proper space. So with him away for the weekend, it was a good time to get it done as a surprise! After a trip to Menard's, we came back with a tool bench to put together (a side Linnea story: my dad and I were telling Linnea we were going to the store. As we were walking in, she noticed the letters on the storefront. She proudly pointed and said, "M - E - N- A- R - D - S, that spells STORE!"). Anyways, when we were home, we put the table together (most of it was done by my dad - thanks, Dad!!).

An eager helper...

Linnea "helping" Grandpa (notice the hammer blur!)

Linnea and Mama working on the bottom of the table.

Helping Grandpa

Finished table

My dad headed out once it was done (shorty after Linnea went down for her nap). I relaxed for a bit while she slept - she took a nice long nap and wasn't up until 3:45. After a quick nap, we went back to Menard's to get some hooks for the pegboard on the tool bench. By the time we got back, it was time for dinner, bath, and bedtime already!

Post-bath sillies!

I tinkered around more in the basement, cleaning our our utility space, and doing some final updates on the tool bench. Jeromy came home after I had gone to bed. It was so nice to see him! We don't often spend time away from each other, so it was good to swap stories from our weekend so far.

Sunday I woke up with Linnea and earned some wife points (I think) by letting Jeromy sleep in to recover from his March Madness party (minimal sleep Thursday and Friday and junky food all weekend left him feeling pretty rough). The two of us girls went to church. She did okay... pretty distracted. She was doing well and then all of a sudden announced, "I need to get out of here (the sanctuary)." I probably would have put up with her a bit longer if Jeromy was there, but since I was soloing it, we spent most of the rest of the service wandering around church. We came home to a rested, showered, post-workout Jeromy. They were pretty excited to see each other, and we were very excited to show him his toolbench. Linnea pulled him downstairs without even taking her shoes and coat and stuff off, she was so excited. He was super happy (or as outwardly happy as he gets - for those who don't know him, he's a man of few words and very even emotions), and that made me happy.

We were "wicked" and got corndogs and deli salad from our local grocery store for lunch (our little splurge/treat), and then all napped/rested. We then went BACK to Menard's (yup, you're counting correctly...it was a three Menard's kind of weekend) to exchange some stuff for the toolbench and get some other stuff. We got home and played a bit. Then our neighbor Lisa came over with her daughter Raia to watch Linnea while we went out to dinner with our WOWZA/MANZA friends. We went to Brasa in St. Paul. Ummm...have you been there? It's amazing! Seriously, we were a group of 8 and all of us LOVED everything we ordered. It's a rotisserie restaurant with a variety of awesome meat choices, and southern-ish inspired sides. I had pulled pork seasoned with garlic and lime, mac and cheese, and chips and guac. Yum. WOWZA/MANZA dinners make my soul happy. We ended the night by walking to Cafe Latte for dessert. Jeromy and I split the turtle cheesecake. Mmmmm....

What a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome Menards-filled weekend :) So sweet that you guys got him a tool bench! I have never been to Brasa, but i've always wanted to. Especially after your endorsement. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brasa sounds amazing! Glad you guys had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete